Your organization is considering holding an event online, or has been, but:
- The organization (both on the business and IT sides) may not have extensive experience hosting events online.
- It is not immediately clear how your formerly in-person event’s activities translate to a virtual environment.
- Like the work-from-home transformation, bringing events online instantly expands IT’s role and responsibilities.
If you don't begin with strategy, you will fit your event to technology, instead of the other way around.
Impact and Result
To determine your requirements:
- Determine the scope of the event.
- Narrow down your list of technical requirements.
- Use Info-Tech’s Rapid Application Selection Framework to select the right software solution.
Research & Tools
1. Define Your Virtual and Hybrid Event Requirements Storyboard – Use this storyboard to work through key decision points involved in creating digital events.
This deck walks you through key decision points in creating virtual or hybrid events. Then, begin the process of selecting the right software by putting together the first draft of your requirements for a virtual event software solution.
Define Your Virtual and Hybrid Event Requirements Storyboard
2. Virtual Events Requirements Tool – Use this tool to begin selecting your requirements for a digital event solution.
The business should review the list of features and select which ones are mandatory and which are nice to have or optional. Add any features not included.
Virtual/Hybrid Event Software Feature Analysis Tool