Enable Omnichannel Commerce That Delights Your Customers
Create a cohesive omnichannel framework that supports the right transactions through the right channels for the right customers.
- Today’s customers expect to be able to transact with you in the channels of their choice. The proliferation of e-commerce, innovations in brick-and-mortar retail, and developments in mobile commerce and social media selling mean that IT organizations are managing added complexity in drafting a strategy for commerce enablement.
- The right technology stack is critical in order to support world-class e-commerce and brick-and-mortar interactions with customers.
- Support the right transactional channels for the right customers: there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to commerce enablement – understand your customers to drive selection of the right transactional channels.
- Don’t assume that “traditional” commerce channels have stagnated: IoT, customer analytics, and blended retail are reinvigorating brick-and-mortar selling.
- Don’t buy best-of-breed; buy best-for-you. Base commerce vendor selection on your requirements and use cases, not on the vendor’s overall performance.
Impact and Result
- Leverage Info-Tech’s proven, road-tested approach to using personas and scenarios to build strong business drivers for your commerce strategy.
- Before selecting and deploying technology solutions, create a cohesive channel matrix outlining which channels your organization will support with transactional capabilities.
- Understand evolving trends in the commerce solution space, such as AI-driven product recommendations and integration with other essential enterprise applications (i.e. CRM and marketing automation platforms).
- Understand and apply operational best practices such as content optimization and dynamic personalization to improve the conversion rate via your e-commerce channels.
Research & Tools
1. Enable Omnichannel Commerce Deck – A deck outlining the importance of creating a cohesive omnichannel framework to improve your customer experience.
E-commerce channels have proliferated, and traditional brick-and-mortar commerce is undergoing reinvention. In order to provide your customers with a strong experience, it's imperative to create a strategy – and to deploy the right enabling technologies – that allow for robust multi-channel commerce. This storyboard provides a concise overview of how to do just that.
|Enable Omnichannel Commerce That Delights Your Customers – Phases 1-2|
2. Create Personas to Drive Omnichannel Requirements Template – A template to identify key customer personas for e-commerce and other channels.
Customer personas are archetypal representations of your key audience segments. This template (and populated examples) will help you construct personas for your omnichannel commerce project.
|Create Personas to Drive Omnichannel Requirements Template|
Speak With an Advisor
Get the help you need in this 2-phase advisory process. You'll receive 5 touchpoints with our researchers, all included in your membership:
Guided Implementation #1 - Identify critical drivers for your omnichannel commerce strategy
- Call # 1 Validate customer personas.
- Call # 2 Validate commerce scenarios.
- Call # 3 Review key drivers and metrics.
Guided Implementation #2 - Map drivers to the right channels and technologies
- Call # 1 Build the channel matrix.
- Call # 2 Technology and trends discussion.
- Ben Dickie
- Austin Wagar
- 8 anonymous contributors