- Organizations are traditionally organized to deliver initiatives in specific periods of time. This is in contention with product-centric delivery practices. This form of delivery acknowledges the reality that solutions of all shapes and sizes deliver continual and evolving business value over their lifetime.
- Delivering multiple products together creates additional challenges because each product has its own pedigree, history, and goals.
- Product owners struggle to prioritize changes to deliver product value. This creates a gap and conflict between product and enterprise goals.
- Delivering products doesn’t mean you will stop delivering projects! Product-centric delivery is intended to address the misalignment between the long-term delivery of value that organizations demand and the nature of traditional project-focused environments.
Impact and Result
- We will help you build a proposal deck to make the case to your stakeholders for product-centric delivery.
- You will build this proposal deck by answering key questions about product-centric delivery so you can identify:
- A common definition of product.
- How this form of delivery differs from traditional project-centric approaches.
- Key challenges and benefits.
- The capabilities needed to effectively own products and deliver value.
- What you are asking of stakeholders.
- A roadmap of how to get started.
Research & Tools
1. Make the Case for Product Delivery Deck – A guide to help align your organization on the practices to deliver what matters most.
This project will help you define “product” for your organization, define your drivers and goals for moving to product delivery, understand the role of product ownership, lay out the case to your stakeholders, and communicate what comes next for your transition to product.
Make the Case for Product Delivery Storyboard
2. Make the Case for Product Delivery Presentation Template – A template to help you capture and detail your case for product delivery.
Build a proposal deck to help make the case to your stakeholders for product-centric delivery.
Make the Case for Product Delivery Presentation Template
3. Make the Case for Product Delivery Workbook – A tool to capture the results of exercises to build your case to change your product delivery method.
This workbook is designed to capture the results of the exercises in the Make the Case for Product Delivery Storyboard. Each worksheet corresponds to an exercise in the storyboard. The workbook is also a living artifact that should be updated periodically as the needs of your team and organization change.
Make the Case for Product Delivery Workbook