Build Your Account-Based Marketing Strategy
ABM success requires a strong set of marketing capabilities, tight alignment with Sales, and a content personalization strategy targeting high-opportunity buyers.
- Select the right ABM strategy for your organization and create complete alignment between the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Clear the clutter and jumpstart your ABM implementation with a solid foundation.
- Build a targeted account list with optimized data.
- Engage buying account committees and create personalized content that helps buyers educate themselves.
- Understand the necessary platforms and tools required to be successful with the selected ABM strategy.
The success of each level of ABM maturity is closely tied to available resources, business needs, and having foundational elements in place to support your ABM strategy. Marketers should keep their initial ABM strategy simple to deliver a successful program. The goal is not to employ a complex program or include all levels of ABM strategy but rather to select the most feasible for your organization.
Impact and Result
With a strong set of marketing capabilities, tight team alignment with Sales, and a content personalization strategy, you will:
- Create a solid foundation for a best-fit ABM strategy for your Marketing and Sales organization.
- Target and build relationships with high-opportunity accounts.
- Design experiences that will guide the buying committee through their buyer’s journey.
- Develop a process for your team to continue to build on their maturity.
Research & Tools
Build Your Account-Based Marketing Strategy Executive Brief – Assess your organization's ABM readiness and understand key foundational elements that are required to facilitate account-based marketing strategies.
This Executive Brief explains ABM strategy types and accompanying levels of personalization, how to assess your organization's capabilities using our ABM maturity model, and how other companies are using ABM to reach buying committees.
|Build Your Account-Based Marketing Strategy Executive Brief|
Speak With an Advisor
Get the help you need in this 3-phase advisory process. You'll receive 19 touchpoints with our researchers, all included in your membership:
Guided Implementation #1 - Build the foundation
- Call # 1 Diagnose organizational capabilities to determine your level of ABM. Review gaps and make a plan to support your inbound growth. Discuss staffing and required roles.
- Call # 2 Gain insight on right-sized marketing technology platform options.
- Call # 3 Conduct ICP working session. Discuss areas of opportunity and trends based on data collected.
- Call # 4 Follow previous working session with review of buyer personas and journey mapping.
- Call # 5 Develop your target account list and segmentation strategy. Touch on personalization requirements.
- Call # 6 Review campaign performance and enhance dashboard reporting
Guided Implementation #2 - Advance
- Call # 1 Optimize lead generation engine and customize lead-scoring model.
- Call # 2 Develop content strategy and accompanying taxonomy. Review tracking strategy.
- Call # 3 Develop your programmatic pilot strategy.
- Call # 4 Gauge advanced organizational capabilities to determine your level of readiness. Review potential gaps and support growth.
- Call # 5 Refine your ICP and discuss digital asset management platform and strategy.
- Call # 6 Discuss nurture and drip campaign strategy and behavioral tracking and deeper segmentation capabilities.
- Call # 7 Identify opportunities to implement progressive profiling and A/B testing on website/landing pages. Discuss personalization strategy.
Guided Implementation #3 - Transform
- Call # 1 Develop your ABM Lite pilot strategy.
- Call # 2 Review organizational transformative capabilities to determine your level of readiness. Review potential gaps and support growth.
- Call # 3 Strategize attribution model and data point collection (working session).
- Call # 4 Deepen analysis capabilities by exploring APIs and deeper reporting capabilities.
- Call # 5 Introduce multi-/ omnichannel strategy and cover advanced personalization strategy best practices.
- Call # 6 Develop your strategic ABM pilot strategy.
- Julie Geller